Mission Statement: "We Promote Lifelong Learning For All!
2016-2017: "Expect the Best"
Technology @ Mars Hill Elementary
Mars Hill Elementary, in an effort to align ourselves with the needs of 21st century learners, has placed a priority on integrating technology into the daily instruction of all our students. In addition to immersing our students in technology, our teachers utilize new technologies to better service and evaluate our school.
Some of our school’s technological hubs:
- Interactive Mimio Boards and document cameras in every classroom
- A Cloud Based Citrix Computer Lab (which every student visits at least weekly)
- New Thin Client computers for each teacher
- Implementation of SkyDrive with staff and students in upper grades
- iPads for each teacher
- Project Based Learning using Apple TV in the Media Center
- Two mobile iPad carts for teacher/class use (30 iPads per cart)
- Flip Cameras & Digital Cameras
- Each 5th grader receives a Kindle e-reader
- A member of our staff devoted to Technology Support
- Five HP Chromebooks available for staff or student checkout from the Media Center